CUSTARD APPLE FOR CARDIAC DISEASE, CANCER
Custard apple botanically known as Annona squamosa L , family annonaceae, commonly known as sitaphal.It is completely naturalized in India. Found growing gregariously in hilly tracts and waste lands. The fruit has a pleasant flavor . It can be made in to drinks , and fermented liquor. It contains glucose, saccharose, protein, ascorbic acid, alkaloids, vitamins. The unripe fruit, seed, and root are used
1. Cardiac disease - Custard apples contain anti-oxidants like Vitamin C , which helps to fight free radicals in our body. It is also high in potassium and magnesium that protects our heart from cardiac disease.
2. Blood pressure- It controls blood pressure
3. Skin- Custard apples contain Vitamin A, which keeps your skin and hair healthy.
4. Cancer- It is found to have anticancerous properties against human epidermal carcinoma of the nasopharynx in tissue culture.
5. Ripe fruit bruised and mixed with salt is applied to malignant tumors to hasten suppuration and healing
6. As they are high in magnesium, they equalise the water balance in our body, which helps in removing acids from the joints and reduces the symptoms of rheumatism and arthritis. If you feel tired and weak more often than usual, then have this fruit in your daily diet, as the potassium present in it will help to fight muscle weakness.
7. This fruit is also known to be great for eyes, and cures indigestion problems. It's important to include this fruit in your diet, as the copper content helps to cure constipation, and helps to treat diarrhoea and dysentery.
8. The unripe fruit is useful in destroying insects and lices
9. The fruit seeds are also abortifacient
10. Fresh leaf juice applied to nostrils in hysteria and fainting
11. Dried powdered unripe fruits or bruised leaves effective in healing ulcers
12. Intake of 31/2 leaves of castor apple with salt checks fever with rigor