HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR TENNIS ELBOW
Tennis elbow is a painful condition that occurs when tendons in your elbow are overworked, usually by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
Despite its name, most cases of tennis elbow occur in people who don't play tennis. People whose jobs feature the types of motions that can lead to tennis elbow include plumbers, painters, carpenters and butchers.
The pain of tennis elbow occurs primarily where the tendons of your forearm muscles attach to a bony bump on the outside of your elbow. Pain can also spread into your forearm and wrist.
Tennis elbow is an overuse and muscle strain injury. The cause is repeated contraction of the forearm muscles that you use to straighten and raise your hand and wrist. The repeated motions and stress to the tissue may result in a series of tiny tears in the tendons that attach the forearm muscles to the bony prominence at the outside of your elbow.
As the name suggests, playing tennis — especially repeated use of the backhand stroke with poor technique — is one possible cause of tennis elbow. However, many other common arm motions can cause tennis elbow, including:
· Using plumbing tools
· Driving screws
· Cutting up cooking ingredients, particularly meat
The pain associated with tennis elbow may radiate from the outside of your elbow into your forearm and wrist. Pain and weakness may make it difficult to:Shake hands,Turn a doorknob,Hold a coffee cup
1. Arnica Montana 30—Injury or strain of the elbow muscle. Soreness after overexertion
2. Belladonna 200- Sharp pain . Swollen and inflamed elbow
3. Bryonia 30—Pain worse by movement of the arm
4. Ferrum phos 30—Pain in the whole arm.
5. Kalmia latifolia 30- Pain spreads from the shoulder. Sudden pain when moving the arm. Pain along the ulnar nerve , index finger
6. Rhus tox 200—Stiffness in the elbow. Worse during the night or in the morning
7. Ruta graveolens 30 -- Swollen, painful and stiff elbow, worse by the movement of the arm
8. Sangunaria can. 30 – Feel pain in the shoulder. More pain when you lift your arm
9. Sulphur 200—Burning pain inflammation