HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR CONSTIPATION
Constipation is infrequent bowel movements or difficult passage of stools that persists for several weeks or longer.
Constipation is generally described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week.
Though occasional constipation is very common, some people experience chronic constipation that can interfere with their ability to go about their daily tasks. Chronic constipation may also cause excessive straining to have a bowel movement and other signs and symptoms.
1. Alumina 6—Constipation in infants , old people and women with sedentary habits. Dilated and paralysed rectum. No desire for stools. Great straining
2. Bryonia alb. 30 – Stool large , hard and dry
3. Cascara sagrada Q—Specific remedy for constipation. A tonic for proper bowel movements
4. Coca Q—Chronic constipation due to inactivity of rectum. Flatus from bowels smells like burnt un powder. Distension of abdomen
5. Hydrastis can. Q – Constipation during pregnancy and abuse of purgatives. Constipation with dull headache with foul tongue and with piles
6. Nux vomica 30—Constipation in sedentary people. Ineffectual urging and frequent desire for stool
7. Opium 200- Constipation due to inactivity of the intestines. Stool small, hard, round like black balls
8. Silicea 30—Constipation before and during menses. Stool comes down with difficulty and when partially expelled recedes again
9. Sanicula 30 – Stool large and hard impossible to evacuate. After great straining it is partially expelled and a portion recedes
10. Merc dulcis 3x—As a palliative for costipation