HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR FROZEN SHOULDER
Frozen shoulder, also known as adhesive capsulitis, is a condition characterized by stiffness and pain in your shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms typically begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve, usually within one to three years.
Your risk of developing frozen shoulder increases if you're recovering from a medical condition or procedure that prevents you from moving your arm — such as a stroke or a mastectomy..
It's unusual for frozen shoulder to recur in the same shoulder, but some people can develop it in the opposite shoulder
The bones, ligaments and tendons that make up your shoulder joint are encased in a capsule of connective tissue. Frozen shoulder occurs when this capsule thickens and tightens around the shoulder joint, restricting its movement.
Doctors aren't sure why this happens to some people, although it's more likely to occur in people who have diabetes or those who recently had to immobilize their shoulder for a long period, such as after surgery or an arm fracture
Frozen shoulder typically develops slowly, and in three stages. Each stage can last a number of months.
· Freezing stage. Any movement of your shoulder causes pain, and your shoulder's range of motion starts to become limited.
· Frozen stage. Pain may begin to diminish during this stage. However, your shoulder becomes stiffer, and using it becomes more difficult.
· Thawing stage. The range of motion in your shoulder begins to improve.
For some people, the pain worsens at night, sometimes disrupting sleep.
1. Rhus tox 30- Pain in tendons and joints of the shoulders. Pain due to over work and excessive use of hands , arms and shoulders .Pain is tearing in character and there is tingling in the arms. Worse by sitting , better by movement and pressure
2. Ferrum met. 200- Pain arising arm or putting arm back, worse while sitting still and after cold washing while overheated. Midnight aggravation of pain is the characteristic of this remedy
3. Causticum 200- Pain especially in the left shoulder with numbness.Contracted tendons with tearing in the shoulder joints and weakness. Better by warmth , especially of bed
4. Calcarea flour. 30- Pain worse at night , especially moving hand
5. Mag. Carb. 200- Tearing pain in shoulders as if dislocated.Right shoulder painful, cannot raise it
6. Syphillinum 10M –Intercurrent remedy
7. Rhus tox 200 alternated with Mag. Carb. 200 potency usually works better. Along with this give Calcarea flour 6X potency