HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS
Cervical spondylosis is a general term for age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in your neck. As the disks dehydrate and shrink, signs of osteoarthritis develop, including bony projections along the edges of bones (bone spurs).
Cervical spondylosis is very common and worsens with age. More than 85 percent of people older than age 60 are affected by cervical spondylosis.
As you age, the bones and cartilage that make up your backbone and neck gradually develop wear and tear. These changes can include:
· Dehydrated disks. Disks act like cushions between the vertebrae of your spine. By the age of 40, most people's spinal disks begin drying out and shrinking, which allows more bone-on-bone contact between the vertebrae.
· Herniated disks. Age also affects the exterior of your spinal disks. Cracks often appear, leading to bulging (herniated) disks — which sometimes can press on the spinal cord and nerve roots.
· Bone spurs. Disk degeneration often results in the spine producing extra amounts of bone in a misguided effort to strengthen the spine. These bone spurs can sometimes pinch the spinal cord and nerve roots.
· Stiff ligaments. Ligaments are cords of tissue that connect bone to bone. Spinal ligaments can stiffen with age, making your neck less flexible.
For most people cervical spondylosis causes no symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they typically include pain and stiffness in the neck.
Sometimes, cervical spondylosis results in a narrowing of the space needed by the spinal cord and the nerve roots that pass through the spine to the rest of your body. If the spinal cord or nerve roots become pinched, you might experience:
· Tingling, numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs or feet
· Lack of coordination and difficulty walking
· Loss of bladder or bowel control
In my experience it is found that homoeopathy gives permanent relief
1. Phosphoric acid 30- A specific remedy
2. Causticum 3o- Uncontrollable frequent urination
3. Cimcifuga racemosa---30- Stiffness and contraction in neck and back
4. Cocculus indicus 30 -- Rheumatic stiffness of neck. Cracking of cervical vertebrae
5. Dulcamara 30 – Pain in the small of the back. Stiffness and lameness across the neck and shoulders
6. Gelsemium 30- Heaviness of head
7. Kali iodide 30- With numbness, worse at night
8. Lachnanthes 30 – A specific remedy
9. Theridion 30 – Degeneration of the spinal cord causes vertigo. Worse closing the eyes