HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR HEART DISEASES
The heart is a muscular organ about the size of a fist, located just behind and slightly left of the breastbone. The heart pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system.
The heart has four chambers:-The right atrium receives blood from the veins and pumps it to the right ventricle.The right ventricle receives blood from the right atrium and pumps it to the lungs, where it is loaded with oxygen.The left atrium receives oxygenated blood from the lungs and pumps it to the left ventricle.The left ventricle (the strongest chamber) pumps oxygen-rich blood to the rest of the body. The left ventricle’s vigorous contractions create our blood pressure.
The coronary arteries run along the surface of the heart and provide oxygen-rich blood to the heart muscle. A web of nerve tissue also runs through the heart, conducting the complex signals that govern contraction and relaxation. Surrounding the heart is a sac called the pericardium.
- Coronary artery disease-: Over the years, cholesterol plaques can narrow the arteries supplying blood to the heart. The narrowed arteries are at higher risk for complete blockage from a sudden blood clot (this blockage is called a heart attack)
- Stable angina pectoris- : Narrowed coronary arteries cause predictable chest pain or discomfort with exertion. The blockages prevent the heart from receiving the extra oxygen needed for strenuous activity. Symptoms typically get better with rest.
- Unstable angina pectoris-Chest pain or discomfort that is new, worsening, or occurs at rest. This is an emergency situation as it can precede a heart attack, serious abnormal heart rhythm, or cardiac arrest.
- Myocardial infarction -A coronary artery is suddenly blocked. Starved of oxygen, part of the heart muscle dies.
- Arrythmia (dysrhythmia): An abnormal heart rhythm due to changes in the conduction of electrical impulses through the heart. Some arrhythmias are benign, but others are life-threatening.
- :Congestive cardiac failure- The heart is either too weak or too stiff to effectively pump blood through the body. Shortness of breath and leg swelling are common symptoms.
- Cardiomyopathy- A disease of heart muscle in which the heart is abnormally enlarged, thickened, and/or stiffened. As a result, the heart's ability to pump blood is weakened.
- Myocarditis: Inflammation of the heart muscle, most often due to a viral infection.
AGARICUS MUS. 30- In heart diseases when pain is prominent and the patient won’t answer any questions
AMMONIUM CAUST Q- It is a powerful cardiac stimulant removes blood clots. May be given by inhalations in cases of fainting
ARNICA MONTANA 30- It is good for tired heart which has become irregular in rate and volume whether as a result of a clot or not
ARSENICUM IOD. 3X- It is an excellent specific remedy in most of the heart diseases. Weakened heart, specially with a chronic lung condition. Breathlessness on going upstairs
ARSENIC ALB 30- It is a very valuable remedy for the weak heart which is irritable on the slightest provocation
BARYTA MUR. 30- Hardening and narrowing of cardiac orifice with pain
CACTUS GRAN. Q, CRATAEGUS OXY. Q- 10-15 drops mixed together and given in water every four hours, acts as heart tonic and strengthens the heart
CALCAREA ARS 30- It is an excellent cardiac tonic especially in dilataion and valve mischief,. It relieves pain, palpitation and dyspnea besides having a marked influence over the dropsy, always imminent in these cases
CAMPHORA Q-It is a heart stimulant for emergency use. 5 drops in sugar for every 5 minutes . Coldness of the body and extremities
CARBO VEG 3X-- Excessive flatulence pressing the heart, causes a sinking sensation and depression
CHOLESTERINUM 30, 200- Insufficient function of coronary blood vessels that supply blood to the heart . Coronary pain is usually dull, heavy with a sensation as if the chest is being squeezed
CONVALLARIA MAJALIS Q- Tobacco heart due to excessive cigarette smoking. Palpitations on the least exertion. Increases the engery of the heart and renders it more regular. 5-10 drops a dose thrice daily. Palpitation and heart failure of the aged from a sudden loud noise or an explosion as of a big cracker ot a bomb. Feeling as if the heart ceased beating and then starts again suddenly. Extremely rapid and irregular pulse
CRATAEGUS OXY. Q- A heart tonic. Increasing insomnia in cardiac affections. 5 drops in a teaspoon ful of water every 3 hours. Common senile myocarditis with previous history of hypertension , extreme weakness, irregular heart action. This remedy has no toxic effects. It can be given as heart tonic for long periods of time for such senile hearts. Cardiac dropsy. Extreme dyspnea on least exertion. Cough . Angina pectoris
DIGITALIS PUR. 30- It is an excellent remedy in heart block and bradycardia . Great weakness and sinking of strength , faintness, coldness of the skin and irregular respiration . Bluish face. In cardiac muscular failure, it increases the force of systole
GLONOINUM 30- Heart beat is heard in the ears. Fluttering. Palpitation with dyspnea. Throbbing of the whole body. Any exertion brings a rush of blood to the heart
LACTRODECTUS MACTANS 30- Angina pectoris. Violent praecordial pain extending to the axilla and down to the arm and forearm to fingers, with numbness of the extremities
MOSCHUS 30- Tightness of the chest. Patient takes a long breath. Hysterical palpitation. Trembling around the heart. Weak pulse and fainting
NAJA TRIPUDIANS 30- Heart ceases without any symptoms. Sensation of a weight on the heart. Anginal pain extends to the nape of the neck, left shoulder and arm. Fear of death . Pulse irregular. Threatened paralysis of the heart. Damaged heart after infectious diseases . Low blood pressure
PITUITRINUM 30- It has place in heart attacks of old people, when it is hard to pick a well indicated remedy. Attack may be due to coronary trouble or from chronic uremic conditions or from allergies. It relieves readily
RAUWOLFIA SERP. Q- For htpertension
SECALE COR 30-Anginal pain and hypertension. Numbness and coldness of the extremities. Pulse contracted and intermittent
SPIGELIA 3X- Violent palpitations. Pain , worse motion. Foul odor from the mouth. Pulse weak and irregular and dyspnea. ANGINA PECTORIS. Craving for hot water, which relieves. Pain extends to the arm or both arms
SPONGIA 30- Valvular lesions with murmers
STROPHANTHUS Q- Increase the power of cardiac muscles. Tones up the heart. Cures dropsical accumulations. It is safe for the aged. Irritable heart of tobacco smokers. 5 drops thrice daily
SYPHILINUM 1000- It prevents a reccurence of heart attacks
TERMINALIA ARJUNA Q- Diseases of the heart, both organic and functional. Angina pectoris. Suffocation , palpitation, weakness and pain in the heart. In acute cases 10 drops half hourly and in chronic cases 5 drops three hourly
VIPERA 30- Dropsy of the heart with swelling of veins , face, lips and tongue with a bursting sensation