TOP HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR DIARRHEA
Diarrhea describes loose, watery stools that occur more frequently than usual. Diarrhea is something everyone experiences. Diarrhea often means more-frequent trips to the toilet and a greater volume of stool.
In most cases, diarrhea signs and symptoms usually last a couple of days. But sometimes diarrhea can last for weeks. In these situations, diarrhea can be a sign of a serious disorder, such as inflammatory bowel disease, or a less serious condition, such as irritable bowel syndrome.
Diarrhea occurs when the food and fluids you ingest pass too quickly or in too large an amount — or both — through your colon. Normally, your colon absorbs liquids from the food you eat, leaving a semisolid stool. But if the liquids from the foods you eat aren't absorbed, the result is a watery bowel movement.
A number of diseases and conditions can cause diarrhea. Common causes of diarrhea include:
· Viruses. Viruses that can cause diarrhea include Norwalk virus, cytomegalovirus and viral hepatitis. Rotavirus is a common cause of acute childhood diarrhea.
· Bacteria and parasites. Contaminated food or water can transmit bacteria and parasites to your body. Parasites such as Giardia lamblia and cryptosporidium can cause diarrhea.
Common bacterial causes of diarrhea include campylobacter, salmonella, shigella and Escherichia coli. Diarrhea caused by bacteria and parasites can be common when traveling in developing countries and is often called traveler's diarrhea
· Medications. Many medications can cause diarrhea. The most common are antibiotics. Antibiotics destroy both good and bad bacteria, which can disturb the natural balance of bacteria in your intestines. This disturbance sometimes leads to an infection with bacteria called Clostridium difficile, which also can cause diarrhea.
· Lactose intolerance. Lactose is a sugar found in milk and other dairy products. Many people have difficulty digesting lactose and experience diarrhea after eating dairy products.
Your body makes an enzyme that helps digest lactose, but for most people, the levels of this enzyme drop off rapidly after childhood. This causes an increased risk of lactose intolerance as you age.
· Fructose. Fructose, a sugar found naturally in fruits and honey and added as a sweetener to some beverages, can cause diarrhea in people who have trouble digesting it.
· Artificial sweeteners. Sorbitol and mannitol, artificial sweeteners found in chewing gum and other sugar-free products, can cause diarrhea in some otherwise healthy people.
· Surgery. Some people may experience diarrhea after undergoing abdominal surgery or gallbladder removal surgery.
· Other digestive disorders. Chronic diarrhea has a number of other causes, such as Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, celiac disease, microscopic colitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
ALO SOCOTRINA 30- Sense of insecurity in rectum.Uncertain whether stool or gas will come. The stool flows liwater from a hydrant. Cutting and cramping pains around the navel. Worse by eating and drining
ARSENICUM ALBUM 30- Stool is small offensive dark with much prostration. Diarrhea with unquenchable thirst . Great thirst for small quantities of water at small intervals . Great restlessness. Diarrhea due to food poisoning . Worse after taking ice or preserved foods
CROTON TIG 30- Gurgling in the intestine. Copious watery yellow stools with much urging. Stool expelled suddenly like a shot. Constant urging to stool followed by sudden evacuation. Diarrhea with nausea and vimiting . Worse by food or drink. Every movement causes diarrhea
CHAPARRO AMARGOSA 30—A specific remedy
NUX VOMICA 30—Specific remedy for diarrhea. Diarrhea due to indiscreet dieting and overeating . Diarrhea in infants from artificial food disagreeing . Vomoting and purging without actual inflammation
PODOPHYLLUM PEPTATUM 30—Camp diarrhea due to dirty impure water. Stool grin watery profuse and gushing . Prolapse of rectum before or with diarrhea. Diarrhea alternating with head symptoms. Worse early morning, during teething, while bathing or washing and in hot weather
PULSATILLA NIGRICANS 30- Diarrhea due to food poisoning , after fright, fatty foods and fruits. Diarrhea of opium eaters . No two stools alike. Stools are greenish yellow and changeable contain undigested food particles 2 or 3 normal stools a day. Diarrhea after measles
PHOSPHORIC ACID 6—Profuse and long lasting diarrhea , does not cause weakness. Anus open, Stool run away without patient knowing
SULPHUR 30- Morning diarrhea. Urgent , patient rushes from bed to the latrine. Painless diarrhea
VERATRUM ALBUM 30—Much cutting colic in the abdomen preceding stool. Great weakness following stool. Watery stools. Cold sweat , coldness and blueness of the body
NITRIC ACID 30—Diarrhea from the use of antibiotics