HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR ALCOHOLISM
Alcohol use disorder (which includes a level that's sometimes called alcoholism) is a pattern of alcohol use that involves problems controlling your drinking, being preoccupied with alcohol, continuing to use alcohol even when it causes problems, having to drink more to get the same effect, or having withdrawal symptoms when you rapidly decrease or stop drinking.
Unhealthy alcohol use includes any alcohol use that puts your health or safety at risk or causes other alcohol-related problems. It also includes binge drinking — a pattern of drinking where a male consumes five or more drinks within two hours or a female downs at least four drinks within two hours. Binge drinking causes significant health and safety risks.
Causes-Genetic, psychological, social and environmental factors can impact how drinking alcohol affects your body and behavior. Theories suggest that for certain people drinking has a different and stronger impact that can lead to alcohol use disorder.
Over time, drinking too much alcohol may change the normal function of the areas of your brain associated with the experience of pleasure, judgment and the ability to exercise control over your behavior. This may result in craving alcohol to try to restore good feelings or reduce negative ones.
Symptoms- Alcohol use disorder can be mild, moderate or severe, based on the number of symptoms you experience. Signs and symptoms may include:
· Being unable to limit the amount of alcohol you drink
· Wanting to cut down on how much you drink or making unsuccessful attempts to do so
· Spending a lot of time drinking, getting alcohol or recovering from alcohol use
· Feeling a strong craving or urge to drink alcohol
· Failing to fulfill major obligations at work, school or home due to repeated alcohol use
Continuing to drink alcohol even though you know it's causing physical, social or interpersonal problems
· Giving up or reducing social and work activities and hobbies
· Using alcohol in situations where it's not safe, such as when driving or swimming
· Developing a tolerance to alcohol so you need more to feel its effect or you have a reduced effect from the same amount
· Experiencing withdrawal symptoms — such as nausea, sweating and shaking — when you don't drink, or drinking to avoid these symptoms
QUERCUS Q- Its use removes the bad effects of alcoholism
ARSENICUM ALBUM 30—Helps to reduce the ill effects of excessive alcoholism
AVENA SATIVA Q- Mental weakness in drunkards
CALCAREA ARS. 30—Use it in all complaints remaining in drunkards who have now abstained themselves from drinking
CARBONEUM SULPH. 30- It is very useful in patients broken down by abuse of the alcohol.Impotency , sick headache, color blindness etc are cured by this remedy
CARDUS MARIANUS Q—Liver troubles, liver pain, constipation alternating with diarrhea caused by the use of alcoholic drinks, specially beer, are corrected by this remedy
GELSEMIUM 200- It is an excellent remedy for all complaints of alcoholic stimulants
KALI BICH. 30- It cures nausea and vomiting after drinking beer.It is specifically useful for ladies. Nux vomica is more useful for men
NUX VOMICA 200- It cures restlessness and giddiness after heavy drinking. It also cures vomiting after drinking
RANUNCULUS BULB. 30- Cures coma due to heavy drinking of alcohol and other bad effects of alcohol
SECALE COR 200—Insomnia due to the intake of alcohol
SULPHURIC ACID 30- Craving for alcohol. Digestion takes place only after drinking