TRIBULUS TERRETRIS- -FOR URINARY AND SEXUAL PROBLEMS
Tribuus terretris an Indian medicinal plant belongs the family Zygophyllaceae. It is commonly known as Gokshura in Sanskrit , puncture wine in English. It is a small , prostrate, hirsute or silky hairy herb. It is occasionally found in waste places and dry habitats throughout the warmer regions of India. Fruits leaves, stem and root are used for the preparation of medicines.
1. Ghrta cooked with decotion of tribulus and eight times milk should be taken
2. Powder of the seeds o tribulus mixed with honey an taken with sheep milk for a week breaks calculus
3. Powder of the seeds of Tribulus mixed with svarnamaksika and taken with baffalo’s milk fells calculus
4. Roots of Tribulus , kokilaksa, eranda and two types of brhati are pounded together with milk and dissolved in sweet curd for a week.It breaks calculus
1. Gruel prepared with Tribulus and kantakari and added with liquid jiggery is useful in dysuria
2. One should take decoction of tribulus seeds mixed with yavaksara . It alleviates dysuria , gravels and calculus.
3. Decoction of them whole plant of tribulus mixed with honey and sugar should be taken. It alleviates the disorders of dysuria
4. Milk boiled with Tribulus , eranda, and satavari or trnapancamula, or milk added with jaggery is beneficial in dysuria
5. Tribulus , varuna, sunthi decoction of these mixed with honey should be taken. It is excellent remedy for gravels , calculus and dysuria
6. Paste of Tribulus taken with coconut water alleviates dysuria
1. Tribulus, iksuraka , satavari , kapikacchu, nagabala and atibala- this powder taken with milk in night acts as a good aphrodisiac
2. Tribulus alone cooked in milk should be taken. It acts as a good aphrodisiac even for the old