MUCUNA- FOR MEN
Mucuna pruriens is a tropical legume known as velvet bean belongs the family fabaceae . The plant is notorious for the extreme itchiness it produces on contact, particularly with the young foliage and the seed pods. Seeds, hairs, and roots are used for the preparation of medicine
1. As aphrodisiac- It corrects sexual weakness. Wheat flour is mixed with the powder of mucuna seeds and cooked with milk. Then it is mixed with ghee and eaten followed by intake of milk.
2. One who take powder of mucuna and iksuraka mixed with sugar along with milch- warm milk does not suffer from the deficiency of semen
1. Rheumatism- By taking decoction of the seeds of mucuna for a month one regain the strength in arms
2. Worms-The hairs of the fruit of mucuna are put within the pulp of jaggery and swallowed twice or thrice after anointing the lips and mouth with ghee.
3. It is also useful in gastro enteritis and hematemesis
1. Seed powder- 3-5 gm
2. Hairs—125- 250 ml