DRIED GINGER- FOR LOSS OF APPETITE AND INDIGESTION
Dried ginger is nothing but fresh ginger which undergoes a drying process before being used. The fresh rhizomes are soaked in water overnight after Dried which the outer peel is carefully removed using a knife or a peeler. They are washed again and then sun dried on mats or barbecues for around a week. During this period, they are turned periodically. The end result is a pale white dried ginger. Many a times, dried ginger is bleached with calcium carbonate to get a whitish covering on ginger. However, this is not required and can be avoided.
Dried ginger will have a whitish powdery coating and will be extremely firm to touch. ried ginger is nothing but fresh ginger which un
Uses1.Yavaksara and powdered dry ginger together with ghee in morning promotes appetite. This effect is obtained by taking ginger alone taken with water
2. Incase of indigestion , piles, constipation one should use regularly ginger or piper loganum, or terminalia chebuba or punica granatum mixed with jaggery
3. If a person otherwise strong feels some doubt of indigestion at time of meal, he should take terminalia chebuba mixed with ginger gefore taking food
4. Ginger and terminalia chebuba with jaggery or salt is wholesome in case of loss of appetite
5. Decoction of ginger boiled in water 1/2 adhaka ( 1.28 litres ) remaining to one half stimulates digestive fire quickly and there is no need of other drugs for this purpose
6. Decoction of ginger 40 ml mixed with honey alleviates anorexia , loss of appetite, respiratory and abdominal disorder and all defects of water and promotes health and lustre.