HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM
Molluscum contagiosum is a relatively common viral infection of the skin that results in round, firm, painless bumps ranging in size from a pinhead to a pencil eraser. If the bumps are scratched or injured, the infection can spread to surrounding skin.
Though most common in children, molluscum contagiosum can affect adults as well — particularly those with weakened immune systems. In adults with an otherwise normal immune system, molluscum contagiosum involving the genitals is considered a sexually transmitted infection.
Molluscum contagiosum spreads through direct person-to-person contact and through contact with contaminated objects. The bumps associated with molluscum contagiosum usually disappear within a year without treatment but doctor-assisted removal is also an option.
Causes-The virus that causes molluscum contagiosum spreads easily through:
· Direct skin-to-skin contact
· Contact with contaminated objects, such as toys, towels and faucet handles
· Sexual contact with an affected partner
Scratching or rubbing the bumps spreads the virus to nearby skin
Symptoms--Signs and symptoms of molluscum contagiosum include bumps on the skin that:
· Are raised, round and flesh colored
· Are small — typically under about 1/4 inch (smaller than 6 millimeters) in diameter
· Characteristically have a small indentation (umbilication) or dot at the top near the center
· Can become red and inflamed
· May be itchy
· Can be easily removed by scratching or rubbing, which can spread the virus to adjacent skin
· Usually appear on the face, neck, armpits, arms and tops of the hands in children
· May be seen on the genitals, lower abdomen and inner upper thighs in adults if the infection was sexually transmitted
Risk factors--More widespread molluscum contagiosum infections may occur in people with weakened immune systems and in children who have atopic dermatitis.
Complications--The bumps and the skin around them may become red and inflamed. This is thought to be an immune response to the infection. If scratched, these bumps can become infected. If lesions appear on the eyelids, pinkeye (conjunctivitis) can develop.
Homoeopathic medicines are very effective for curing molluscum contagiosm. From my experience the following three medicines are very effective for this condition. These medicines act as a specific for molluscum contagiosm.
CAUSTICUM 1000—Causticum is one of the top remedies for mollcuscum contagiosum. It is considered to be an almost specific remedy for this condition. It is large, sometimes bleed easily.
CALCAREA CARB 200-Calcarea carb is another top remedy for molluscum contagiosum.It is found mainly on face and hands. The skin is unhealthy and readily ulcerating. Calcarea carb is suitable to fat, flabby persons who sweat profusely, especially head at night. There is a peculiar craving for eggs and undigestabile things like chalk. Calcarea carb persons get cold very easily.
NITRIC ACID 30-Nitric acid is very effective medicine for molluscum contagiosum. They are large, sometimes bleed on washing. Nitric acid is prescribed when splinter like pain is present.