TOP HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR PSORIASIS
Psoriasis is a common skin condition that changes the life cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis causes cells to build up rapidly on the surface of the skin. The extra skin cells form thick, silvery scales and itchy, dry, red patches that are sometimes painful.
Psoriasis is a persistent, long-lasting (chronic) disease. There may be times when your psoriasis symptoms get better alternating with times your psoriasis worsens
Causes-- The cause of psoriasis isn't fully known, but it's thought to be related to an immune system problem with cells in your body. More specifically, one key cell is a type of white blood cell called a T lymphocyte or T cell. Normally, T cells travel throughout the body to detect and fight off foreign substances, such as viruses or bacteria. If you have psoriasis, however, the T cells attack healthy skin cells by mistake, as if to heal a wound or to fight an infection.
Overactive T cells trigger other immune responses. The effects include dilation of blood vessels in the skin around the plaques and an increase in other white blood cells that can enter the outer layer of skin. These changes result in an increased production of both healthy skin cells and more T cells and other white blood cells. This causes an ongoing cycle in which new skin cells move to the outermost layer of skin too quickly — in days rather than weeks. Dead skin and white blood cells can't slough off quickly enough and build up in thick, scaly patches on the skin's surface. This usually doesn't stop unless treatment interrupts the cycle.
Just what causes T cells to malfunction in people with psoriasis isn't entirely clear. Researchers have found genes that are linked to the development of psoriasis, but environmental factors also play a role.
Symptoms--Psoriasis signs and symptoms can vary from person to person but may include one or more of the following:
· Red patches of skin covered with silvery scales
· Small scaling spots (commonly seen in children)
· Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
· Itching, burning or soreness
· Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
· Swollen and stiff joints
Psoriasis patches can range from a few spots of dandruff-like scaling to major eruptions that cover large areas.
Most types of psoriasis go through cycles, flaring for a few weeks or months, then subsiding for a time or even going into complete remission.
Several types of psoriasis exist. These include
· Plaque psoriasis. The most common form, plaque psoriasis causes dry, raised, red skin lesions (plaques) covered with silvery scales. The plaques itch or may be painful and can occur anywhere on your body, including your genitals and the soft tissue inside your mouth. You may have just a few plaques or many.
· Nail psoriasis. Psoriasis can affect fingernails and toenails, causing pitting, abnormal nail growth and discoloration. Psoriatic nails may become loose and separate from the nail bed (onycholysis). Severe cases may cause the nail to crumble.
· Scalp psoriasis. Psoriasis on the scalp appears as red, itchy areas with silvery-white scales. The red or scaly areas often extend beyond the hairline. You may notice flakes of dead skin in your hair or on your shoulders, especially after scratching your scalp.
· Guttate psoriasis. This primarily affects young adults and children. It's usually triggered by a bacterial infection such as strep throat. It's marked by small, water-drop-shaped sores on your trunk, arms, legs and scalp. The sores are covered by a fine scale and aren't as thick as typical plaques are. You may have a single outbreak that goes away on its own, or you may have repeated episodes.
- Inverse psoriasis. Mainly affecting the skin in the armpits, in the groin, under the breasts and around the genitals, inverse psoriasis causes smooth patches of red, inflamed skin. It's worsened by friction and sweating. Fungal infections may trigger this type of psoriasis.
- Pustular psoriasis. This uncommon form of psoriasis can occur in widespread patches (generalized pustular psoriasis) or in smaller areas on your hands, feet or fingertips. It generally develops quickly, with pus-filled blisters appearing just hours after your skin becomes red and tender. The blisters may come and go frequently. Generalized pustular psoriasis can also cause fever, chills, severe itching and diarrhea.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis. The least common type of psoriasis, erythrodermic psoriasis can cover your entire body with a red, peeling rash that can itch or burn intensely.
- Psoriatic arthritis. In addition to inflamed, scaly skin, psoriatic arthritis causes pitted, discolored nails and the swollen, painful joints that are typical of arthritis. Symptoms range from mild to severe, and psoriatic arthritis can affect any joint. Although the disease usually isn't as crippling as other forms of arthritis, it can cause stiffness and progressive joint damage that in the most serious cases may lead to permanent deformity
Homoeopathic treatment requires a deep constitutional analysis. The history of the disease, the family medical history, physical and mental characteristics of the patient, the likes and dislikes, medication details are all taken into consideration. This approach stands in consonance with the homoeopathic convention: Treat the patient, not the disease. here is the details of the top grade homeopathic remedies for psoriasis
ARSENIC ALBUM – 30-Arsenic Album tops the list of homeopathic remedies for treating psoriasis. Homeopathic medicine Arsenic Album is indicated in psoriasis where skin peels off in large scales. Skin is dry, scaly and excessively rough. Dryness is accompanied with burning and itching. Cold applications worsens the itching and burning. The use of homeopathic medicine Arsenic album must also be considered for patients who have alternation between their skin symptoms with respiratory troubles like asthma. In homeopathy mental symptoms of a patient are given extreme importance while deciding the constitutional remedy . An Inportant mental symptoms for selecting Arsenic Album in psoriasis include anxiety and restlessness
GRAPHITES 30--Graphites is a highly effective homeopathic remedy for psoriasis . It is mainly used when there is excessive dryness and scaling . Graphites is effective in various types of psoriasis – scalp , guttate , inverse and nail psoriasis. In scalp psoriasis , it is mainly used when psoriatic patches over scalp are attended with marked itching and burning . Slight sticky discharges may be present. In guttate forms it is used when skin is dry and rough with fine scales. In inverse psoriasis it is indicated when patches appear in bends of limbs, groins and behind ears. Lastly in nail psoriasis it is the best indicated when nails are brittle, deformed, and crumble very easily.
CALCAREA CARB. 30, LYCOPODIUM 200, and GRAPHITES 30- These are selected mainly for scalp psoriasis .Calcarea carb shows a tendency to perspire freely mostly on scalp. Intolerance towards cold, increased body weight and craving for eggs are another set of symptoms that carries importance to make Calcarea carb a choice of medicine in scalp psoriasis. Worsening of symptoms in wet weather may also be seen. The next homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is selected when psoriatic patches over head are attended with excessive itching. Evening time between 4:00pm to 8:00pm is the worst time for itching aggravation. The psoriatic subjects needing Lycopodium may give some sort of history related to urinary or gastric sphere. Homeopathic medicine Graphites is used when scalp is covered with thick, dry psoriatic patches and itching with burning accompanies. As a result of intense itching and scratching sticky discharges may be seen on scalp.
GRAPHITES 30, MERC SOL 30, NATRUM MUR 30, SEPIA 30 –These remedies are used for inverse psoriasis. Inverse psoriasis is marked by red, inflamed skin areas in folds of skin like armpits, groins, under breast, bend of knees/elbows. Inverse psoriasis is also called as flexural psoriasis. The main homeopathic remedies for psoriasis for the treatment of inverse psoriasis include Graphites, Merc Sol, Graphites, Natrum Mur and Sepia. Graphites is best choice when inverse psoriasis is mainly seen in groins, bends of limbs and behind ears. Merc Sol is to be thought of in inverse psoriasis when excessive sweating accompanies and worsens the symptoms. Natrum Mur and Sepia both works well in inverse psoriasis when bends of limbs are involved.
ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM 200, GRAPHITES 30—These are used for nail psoriasis . Graphites is indicated when nails are deformed, brittle and crumbling. Nails may also get thickened, and may become sore and painful. Antimonium Crudum works best where nails are split and grow out of shape. The nails are also discolored ranging from yellow to red.
HEPAR SULH 0, SILICEA 30-- Homeopathic remedies for psoriasis when it is of the pustular type are Hepar Sulph and Silicea. Both these medicine occupies high rank in homeopathy for eruption with pus discharges. Hepar Sulph is indicated when excessive burning, stinging pains are present and skin is sensitive to touch. Warm coverings are preferred by the person needing Hepar Sulph. Silicea is second most preferred homeopathic medicine whenever skin shows suppurating tendencies. Silicea helps in proper healing of pustular psoriasis by absorbing the pus in the most harmless manner
SULPHUR 200, RADIUM BROMIDE 30, STAPHYSAGRIA 30, RHUS TOX 30—These are for psoriasis when joints are involved. Sulphur can be used when increased use of local medication have suppressed the psoriatic skin lesions and joints are affected thereafter. Radium Bromatum is useful for where the psoriatic patches have itching and the joint pains are worse at night. Staphysagria can be used when skin symptoms alternate with joint pains. Rhus Tox is useful for relieving acute joint pain attacks in psoriatic arthritis
CHRSAROBINUM 30- If the nails become dull and develop ridges and pits. Vesicular lesions with fetid discharge and crust formation. Thighs, legs and ears are specially affected
HYDROCOTYLE ASIATICA 20- Psoriasis of soles, palms and extremities with circular patches. Circular spots with scaly edges. The skin is excessively thick and dry
CARCINOCIN 1M- A monthly dose as an intercurrent remedy ensures, prompt cure