HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR DIABETES INCLUDING DIABETIC FOOT AND DIABETIC NEPHROPATHY
Diabetes mellitus refers to a group of diseases that affect how your body uses blood sugar (glucose). Glucose is vital to your health because it's an important source of energy for the cells that make up your muscles and tissues. It's also your brain's main source of fuel.
If you have diabetes, no matter what type, it means you have too much glucose in your blood, although the causes may differ. Too much glucose can lead to serious health problems.
Chronic diabetes conditions include type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. Potentially reversible diabetes conditions include prediabetes — when your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as diabetes — and gestational diabetes, which occurs during pregnancy but may resolve after the baby is delivered.
Causes --To understand diabetes, first you must understand how glucose is normally processed in the body.
How insulin works
Insulin is a hormone that comes from a gland situated behind and below the stomach (pancreas).
· The pancreas secretes insulin into the bloodstream.
· The insulin circulates, enabling sugar to enter your cells.
· Insulin lowers the amount of sugar in your bloodstream.
· As your blood sugar level drops, so does the secretion of insulin from your pancreas.
The role of glucose
Glucose — a sugar — is a source of energy for the cells that make up muscles and other tissues.
· Glucose comes from two major sources: food and your liver.
· Sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream, where it enters cells with the help of insulin.
· Your liver stores and makes glucose.
· When your glucose levels are low, such as when you haven't eaten in a while, the liver breaks down stored glycogen into glucose to keep your glucose level within a normal range.
Causes of type 1 diabetes
· The exact cause of type 1 diabetes is unknown. What is known is that your immune system — which normally fights harmful bacteria or viruses — attacks and destroys your insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. This leaves you with little or no insulin. Instead of being transported into your cells, sugar builds up in your bloodstream.
· Type 1 is thought to be caused by a combination of genetic susceptibility and environmental factors, though exactly what many of those factors are is still unclear.
Causes of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes
· In prediabetes — which can lead to type 2 diabetes — and in type 2 diabetes, your cells become resistant to the action of insulin, and your pancreas is unable to make enough insulin to overcome this resistance. Instead of moving into your cells where it's needed for energy, sugar builds up in your bloodstream.
· Exactly why this happens is uncertain, although it's believed that genetic and environmental factors play a role in the development of type 2 diabetes. Being overweight is strongly linked to the development of type 2 diabetes, but not everyone with type 2 is overweight.
Causes of gestational diabetes
· During pregnancy, the placenta produces hormones to sustain your pregnancy. These hormones make your cells more resistant to insulin.
· Normally, your pancreas responds by producing enough extra insulin to overcome this resistance. But sometimes your pancreas can't keep up. When this happens, too little glucose gets into your cells and too much stays in your blood, resulting in gestational diabetes.
Symptoms--Some of the signs and symptoms of type 1 and type 2 diabetes are:
· Increased thirst
· Frequent urination
· Extreme hunger
· Unexplained weight loss
· Presence of ketones in the urine (ketones are a byproduct of the breakdown of muscle and fat that happens when there's not enough available insulin)
· Blurred vision
· Slow-healing sores
· Frequent infections, such as gums or skin infections and vaginal infections
Although type 1 diabetes can develop at any age, it typically appears during childhood or adolescence. Type 2 diabetes, the more common type, can develop at any age, though it's more common in people older than 40.
ABROMA AUGUSTA Q - Abroma Augusta is the top Homeopathic medicine to treat Diabetes Mellitus. Its use is highly recommended in those patients who are losing flesh and suffer from extreme weakness due to Diabetes Mellitus. The patients who can greatly benefit from this Homeopathic medicine have an increased thirst with dryness of mouth. They also have an increased appetite and the urination is very frequent day and night. Excessive weakness is felt after urination. Homeopathic medicine Abroma Augusta is also of great help in treating sleeplessness in a person with Diabetes. Another sphere in which this Homeopathic remedy yields good results is skin complaints like boils and carbuncles in a diabetic patient. Burning sensation in the whole body is a prominent general symptom that can be found in persons requiring Abroma Augusta.
CEPHALANDRA INDICA Q- A specific remedy for diabetes. Dryness of mouth. Great thirst for large quantities of cold water
PHOSPHORUS 200--Phosphorus is a Homeopathic medicine of great help for treating Diabetes Mellitus, though its use depends completely on the constitutional symptoms of the patient. Homeopathic medicine Phosphorus is a remedy of great help for weakness of vision in a diabetic patient.
RHUS AROMATICA Q- Rhus aromatic is an effective remedy for diabetes. Passing large quantities of urine of low specific gravity
SYZYGIUM JAMBOLANUM Q-Syzygium Jambolanum is among the best Homeopathic remedies for the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. It acts promptly and efficiently in decreasing the sugar levels. Excessive thirst and excessive urination are always present in the patient. Homeopathic medicine Syzygium Jambolanum also gives wonderful results in treatment of long-standing ulcers in a diabetic patient.
PHASEOLUS 3X—Diabetes with heart diseases
PHOSPHORIC ACID Q-Phosphoric Acid is an excellent Homeopathic remedy for extreme weakness, either mental or physical, in a diabetic patient. Such patients feel exhausted all the time. They have a weak memory and are forgetful. Some sort of history of grief may be found in patients requiring this Homeopathic medicine. For numbness of feet in patients of Diabetes Mellitus, Phosphoric Acid is the best Homeopathic remedy.
MEMORDICA CHARANTIA Q- An excellent specific remedy for diabetes.
GYMNEMA SYLVESTRE Q--Gymnema Sylvestre is a Homeopathic medicine of great help for patients of Diabetes Mellitus who are losing weight with weakness and exhaustion. In such patients, this Homeopathic remedy works as a tonic resulting in improvement of overall health. With Homeopathic medicine Gymnema Sylvestre,the patient puts on weight and feels energetic
URANIUM NITRICUM 3X- Diabetes with weakness and losing flesh
SECALE COR 30- An excellent remedy for diabetic gangrene . Dry gangrene of toe. Dusky blue tinge. Skin feels cold to touch yet covering not tolerated. Warmth aggravation
ARSENICUM ALBUM 30- Diabetic gangrene. Burning and soreness , relieved by warmth. Fetid smell from the wound. Restlessness.
APIS MELLIFICA 30-Spreading cellulitis with burning stinging pain. Sensitive. Blebs are seen
ANTIMONIUM CRUDUM 30- Callosities are seen. Dry gangrene
CARBO VEGETABIS 30- Carbuncles and boils becomes gangrenous. Wet , purple and icy cold gangrene.Moist gangrene. There is great prostration
HEPAR SULPH 30- Blebs are seen. Very sensitive to touch
LACHESIS 200- Bluish purple surroundings around gangrene. Traumatic
RHUS TOX 30- Spreading cellulitis
SULPHURIC ACID-30- Blue and purple surroundings of the gangrene. Bleeding under the skin
THIOSINAMINUM 30-Specific for callosities. Dry gangrene
TARENTULA CUB 30- Painful and inflamed abscess with a tendency to gangrene
ECHINACEA Q- Emitting a foul smell from gangrene . 5 drops in a little of water every 2 hours . Externally wash with a Echinacea lotion. It act as a cleaning and antiseptic agent.
LYCOPODIUM CLAVATUM 30—Lycopodium is an effective remedy for diabetic nephropathy. Urine scanty , cries before urinating, red sand in urine, must strain, suppressed or retained. Urine milky and turbid. Sometimes haematuria . Urine is burning and hot. The right kidney is mainly affected. The patient experiences impotency.The patient likes warm food and drink, also there is intense craving for sweets.
SERUM ANGUILLAE 6X—Serum Anguilae is one of the best remedies for diabetes nephropathy. It is very effective in acute nephritis. Kidney failure. It is prescribed when hypertension and oliguria without oedema is present. Urine contains albumin.
ARALIA HISPIDA 30-Aralia hispida is found to be effective for diabetes nephropathy. There is dropsy of renal origin. Urinary tract infection is present. Urine is scanty leading to complete suppression of urine. Renal diseases with constipation.
AMPELOPSIS QUINQUEFOLIA 30- Ampelopsis quinquefolia is another effective remedy for diabetes nephropathy. There is uraemia or uremic coma. Vomiting, purging, tenesmus , cold sweat and collapse are the leading symptoms.
CUPRUM ARSENITUM 3x-Cuprum ars is also a very effective remedy for diabetes nephropathy. There is kidney inefficiency and uremia. The urine smell like garlic. Urine of high specific gravity increased, acetones and diacetic acid.
CUPRUM ACETICUM 3X- In Cuprum aceticum the tongue is pale , coated with lot of mucus. Anemia. Pulse rapid. The patient is chilly. Breathlessness with dry cough. Cannot eat or drink without retching.
ARSENICUM ALBUM- 30-Arsenic alb. Is also an effective remedy for diabetes nephropathy. Urine is scanty, burning when urinating. Albuminuria. Epithelial cells, cylindrical clots of fibrin and globules of pus and blood in urine. Feeling weakness in abdomen after urination. Retention of urine. Urine black as if mixed with dung.