HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR DYSLEXIA OR LEARNING DISORDERS IN CHILDREN
Dyslexia or learning disabilities is a learning disorder characterized by difficulty reading due to problems identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words. Also called specific reading disability, dyslexia is a common learning disability in children.
Dyslexia occurs in children with normal vision and intelligence. Sometimes dyslexia goes undiagnosed for years and isn't recognized until adulthood.
Causes-- Dyslexia has been linked to certain genes that control how the brain develops. It appears to be an inherited condition — it tends to run in families.
These inherited traits appear to affect parts of the brain concerned with language, interfering with the ability to convert written letters and words into speech.
Symptoms-- Dyslexia symptoms can be difficult to recognize before your child enters school, but some early clues may indicate a problem. Once your child reaches school age, your child's teacher may be the first to notice a problem. The condition often becomes apparent as a child starts learning to read.
Signs and symptoms that a young child may be at risk of dyslexia include:
· Learning new words slowly
· Difficulty learning nursery rhymes
· Difficulty playing rhyming games
Once your child is in school, dyslexia signs and symptoms may become more apparent, including:
· Reading well below the expected level for your child's age
· Problems processing and understanding what he or she hears
· Difficulty comprehending rapid instructions
· Problems remembering the sequence of things
· Difficulty seeing (and occasionally hearing) similarities and differences in letters and words
· Inability to sound out the pronunciation of an unfamiliar word
· Difficulty spelling
· Trouble learning a foreign language
Teens and adults
Dyslexia symptoms in teens and adults are similar to those in children. Though early intervention is beneficial for dyslexia treatment, it's never too late to seek help. Some common dyslexia symptoms in teens and adults include:
· Difficulty reading, including reading aloud
· Trouble understanding jokes or expressions that have a meaning not easily understood from the specific words (idioms), such as "piece of cake" meaning "easy"
· Difficulty with time management
· Difficulty summarizing a story
· Trouble learning a foreign language
· Difficulty memorizing
· Difficulty doing math problems
Risk factors-- Dyslexia risk factors include:
· A family history of dyslexia
· Individual differences in the parts of the brain that enable reading
Complications-- Dyslexia can lead to a number of problems, including:
· Trouble learning. Because reading is a skill basic to most other school subjects, a child with dyslexia is at a disadvantage in most classes and may have trouble keeping up with peers.
· Social problems. Left untreated, dyslexia may lead to low self-esteem, behavior problems, anxiety, aggression, and withdrawal from friends, parents and teachers.
· Problems as adults. The inability to read and comprehend can prevent a child from reaching his or her potential as the child grows up. This can have long-term educational, social and economic consequences.
Children who have dyslexia are at increased risk of having attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and vice versa. ADHD can cause difficulty sustaining attention as well as hyperactivity and impulsive behavior, which can make dyslexia harder to treat.
Homoeopathic medicines works well for this condition, more over it safe. Some of the important remedies are given below
AMMONIUM CARBONICUM 200-Ammonium carb. Is effective for mathematical disability. Tendency to makes mistakes in speaking , writing and calculating . Depressed with weakness of intellect.
BARYTA CARBONICA 30-Baryta carbonicum is an excellent remedy for learning disabilities in children. The forgets her errand or word in her mouth. The child have loss of memory , mental weakness, loss of confidence, and have confusion. The child is timid, cowardly, and hides behind the furniture and keeps the hands over the face, peeping through the fingers. The child also have dullness of the mind. The child has trouble in concentrating .
LYCOPODIUM CLAVATUM 200- Lycopodium clavatum is one of the top Homoeopathic remedies for learning and writing disabilities in children. Children having weak memory , and confused thoughts. The child spells or writes wrong words and syllables. The child cannot read what he writes. His speech is indistinct and stammers out the last word. He is unable to learn languages and often makes mistakes. Brain fag after influenza. The child does not like to take up new tasks or do new things. The child has trouble paying attention during a conversation.
MERCURIUS SOLUBILIS 30-Mercurius sol. Is prescribed for learning disabilities with profound reading disorder and disturbed speech. Child has poor self confidence, memory weak, forgets everything. Loss of will power and slow in answering.
KALI BROMATUM 30-Kali bromatum is an effective remedy for learning disabilities and it is prescribed when the child uses opposite words , hot for cold, . He often adds or omits letters while writing. There is loss memory and the child forgets how to talk , has to be told the word before he can speak it.
CANNABIS SATIVA 30-Cnnabis sativa is prescribed for learning disabilities who repeats words while writing. The child is very forgetful cannot finish the sentence. There is vanishing of thoughts and want of words. Ideas seems to stand still , he stares in front of him is absorbed in higher thoughts , but is unconscious of them.The child has trouble in recalling what he has just done.
NATRUM MURIATICUM 200—Natrum mur. is another effective remedy for learning disabilities where the child complains of a roaring, buzzing sound in the head and ears.Children learn to talk slowly. Awkward in talking, hasty, drops things.
CAUSTICUM 200-Causticum is prescribed for learning disabilities with speech disabilities. The child mispronounces or uses wrong words while speaking.
STRAMONIUM 200-Stramonium is used for learning disabilities where the person calls things by wrong names.
SUMBUL 30 Sumbul is effective for children having weak mathematical skills.A person with this condition generally makes mistakes while writing and while performing simple mathematical calculations, especially while adding numbers.
HELLEBORUS NIGER 200-Helleborus is another effective remedy for learning disabilities with weak memory.The child has trouble remembering what he might have heard. Child is slow in answering.
THUJA OCCIDENTALIS 200-Thuja occ is effective for reading and writing disabilities. Dullness of mind. Cannot concentrate. Speech slow, hunts for words.